description

"A little girl from Singapore, A big boy from Sweden, together they meet, and together they fall in love with each other "

Tracy Chapman - Change

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

just aimless rambling....

Sighz... It's the last month of 2006..time really flies, doesnt it?
is it just me or does anyone else feels as sad as moi?


2007 is just around the corner and moi will be 28years old soon
Thinking back, moi wondered what i have accomplised in this year...
Nope, nothing significant like saving the earth (Captain Planet), voluteering for charitable cause (Angelina Jolie) or world peace (Miss Universe)..


But at least, im proud of who i am...
I did make a couple of wrong decisions of which i learned from there (hey! to err is human rite?)

I know im not 100% prefect (who is anyway? i'm very sure even the Great Old one up there make mistakes),
I know i have been taking lotsa things for granted especially Tom, my family and real good friends whom i haven meet up for ages like Lily, Jeremy, Weichiang etc. (which is gonna change because my New Year resolution==> is to not take people for granted!)

I dare to say that i'm able to wake up in the morning, look at myself in the mirror and think "Hey, you done great!!"
*give myself a pat on the back*

The coming of the year end has a funny effect on me. It's the time when moi loves to indulge in reminiscence, and feel nostalgic..Sighz

AM I STARTING TO FEEL OLD OR WHAT?

Life is pretty unpredictable at time, isnt it?
When i was a small little girl, moi thought that i'll find a decent Singaporean guy, get married at 24, have children at 26, desk bound job and etc etc.

how wrong I was

If a fortune-teller had told moi 5 years agothat i'm gonna be dating a foreigner and having a career
that takes moi to places all over the world, i would have thrown my shoe at him and ask him to get a life.

Seriously

Treasure what you have.
The 6 cases of Sudden Death over the last two months had moi thinking. Isn't it scary to go to bed and then sleep forever?
"Well, at least they passed away peacefully. It's the best way to die" Someone said

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!

think about all the plans they might have on their mind for the next day?
Maybe one of them had plans to bring his children for an outing since its the school holidays?
Maybe one of them wanted to bring the wife out for a candlelight dinner?
Maybe..all these maybes that they probably wanted to do but........

And if you think it's peaceful for them? How about the family? how would they feel?
It will be too sudden for them to accept, their loved one going away without saying goodbye...

4 or 5 years ago, My cousin had a sudden heart attack too. At the prime of his life, healthy, doesn't smoke or drink, had his own company, filial son, had a wife and a 3-years old son... gone in 10mins

Everyone was devastated. But life is unpredictable, isnt it?

Then when moi came back from my Seoul flight this evening, my really good friend messenged that his mom had just passed away a few hours ago.

My eyes immediately teared up. Moi remembered visiting him and his mom in the hospital about 2 weeks ago. At that time, her condition was quite bad and i was praying in my heart that she will pull through. When i enquired about her condition a week ago, he mentioned that she was feeling better. I was really glad that she was improving. Then one week later, i received news that she passed away.

The image of her laying in bed, saying that she wanna go home..and us telling her to be strong, to get better so she can go home will be forever implanted in my mind..

Haiz, i really dunno what to say at this point. What the hell! im not even sure why im writing all these stuff.. I'm a total emtional wreak right now~

'Tis the season to be jolly Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la, Christmas carols, shopping malls with their bright Christmas decorations... Yesh, it's a time to be merry, a time to be joyous..But just take a few minutes to look around you, treasure what you have and give to the less fortunate because you never know what's gonna happen tomorrow.

No comments: