description

"A little girl from Singapore, A big boy from Sweden, together they meet, and together they fall in love with each other "

Tracy Chapman - Change

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

A set of housekeys

Just the other day, i was over at Tom's place when he casually asked whether i want a set of his house keys. My initial reaction was "No. Why would i want your house keys?"

Big mistake here.
You could practically see the wounded look in his eyes
(hahaha, i know...just exaggerating abit here)

Immediately, i regreted what i said.
Time for repair job
"Of cos, i'll love to have a set of house keys"
Too late now....
Prob his pride or ego got bruised and he changed his mind about giving me the house keys. GUYS!!!!!

Thinking back, i guess my first reaction was "i dun need the keys. Its not like im gonna go over if you are not around"
But i didnt realise the importance of the question.

I had never ever keep a set of my ex-boyfriends' housekeys.
They didnt offered and i didnt ask.
Maybe its because they are still living with their parents? or Maybe its a matter of trust? or maybe??

Its a very significant thing to me i.e if someone gives u their housekeys. Its like they have alot of trust in you. So when Tom offered his keys to me:
Does it mean that he's bringing our relationship to a new level?
or is it just for convenience i.e like when he's not home when i go over, i could just open the door and let myself in? Probably both, i guess...

i guess im still pretty overwhelmed. Its a great feeling to have someone trusting you so much. I wonder did he put alot of thoughts into it before he asked or it's just something that he does with all his ex-girlfriends.
a) Like to all his ex-girlfriends "oh yeah, here's a set of my housekeys. Help yourself to anything in the fridge! treat it like your home" he said in a nonchalent manner
OR
b) Omigod, im gonna offer her my housekey, everything just feel so right with her..will she reject it? will she think its too soon? will she think im weird? will she be put off? will she....will she.....*toss and turn in bed* worrying for zillion nights

Maybe its not such a big deal to him! so why am i making such a big deal about it? Well, Because...because....its a big deal to me!

So maybe, Tom...just maybe..one of these days, i might just pop over to your place when you are not around and have a surprise for you when you come home! haha..who knows?

Swedish : Jag heter Jasmine
English : I am Jasmine

No comments: