description

"A little girl from Singapore, A big boy from Sweden, together they meet, and together they fall in love with each other "

Tracy Chapman - Change

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Ode to my family...my family portrait

1st Jan 2006 Sunday
New Year's Day
新年快乐
I just did a flight this morning (YESHHH... On New Year Day!!!...while the rest of u lucky people could sleep till the cows come home, moi had to wake up at 5.30AM this morning to report for flight!)

I was being assigned to work in Business class today. During the commencement of passenger boarding, I had this lady being wheeled onboard the flight. She's probably in her late 30s and was being acompanied by her husband. You could tell from the look on her face that's she in extreme pain and discomfort. Throughout the flight the husband was seem taking care of her, stoking her face, whispering soft words into her ears. Being the kaypoh crew we are, one of my colleague managed to fish out some information from the husband. Apparently, the woman is suffering from cancer and is on her way to the hosiptal for medical treatment. My heart goes out to her! Geez, on New year day!! People start the New Year merrily with countdowns, laughter, partying, with happy wishes to last the whole year! The headlines in the newspaper are about celebrations all over the world and "The first baby to be born in the year 2006". Not to be sick in the hosiptal! It's just not right! Unfair...Grrrrrr

I guess I really feel for them. They must be quite well-to-do to be able to travel in Business class. But all the money in the world can't buy something called Health. 健康

So for this coming new year, i wish for good health, to my loved ones, my family, Tom, my 3 goldfishes, and all of my friends

My wish this year is to appreciate my family members, especially my mom and dad...

To my Mother,
who wakes up early to go to the market to buy breakfast for her family,

who wakes up and buttered my bread and made me a cup of coffee whenever i have to report for morning flight (like 4am!!)
who goes to NTUC, Shop&save, Giant just to compare prices and save a few cents for the family
I'm sorry for making a fuss abt the half boiled egg this morning eventhough you woke up at 5am just to make it for me (BUT it was really too raw!!)
I wish you will grow old gracefully, be in good health and live to a ripe old age! You will always be the mother that i love so much. I wanna thank you for doing so much for the family.

To my Dad,
who goes to work at 5am everyday
who's coming to 61years old this year but still work so hard just to provide for the family. The only leisure you have is just staying at home and watching TV...
im wish i could talk to you as much as i would love too. I know u are not open minded about lotsa stuff (like why can't you find a chinese boyfriend???), Im 27years old this year, Dad...Please trust me and have faith in my judgement.


Like mum, i wish you will live to a ripe old age, live and enjoy life a little, be more open-minded about things and hopefully, you can stop working so hard once all of us starts working

To my Sis
Thanks for being there for me....always
for helping me to change my bedsheets,
for making my bed (yesh, im a firm believer that if you are going to sleep in the same bed later on at night, whats the point for making the bed every single morning?)
for wrapping up all my presents cause i find it so such a boring chore,
for accompanying me to see the doctor,
for putting up with all my nonsense,
I must learn to appreciate you more and i hope u'll find a job, get yourself attached, get married and have a wonderful life..

To my Bro
you know how i always make fun about you being gay because u have been single all your life...
how i coloured ur hair cos i want u to look tready and you ended up being the butt of jokes because it wasnt....Erm hmm...alright, it didnt turn out the way i expected! Blame the hair dye!!
and forcing u to wear contact lens just so u could attract more gals
BUT thats because i care about you!!(dubious dubious look from Bro)
Like sis, i.....hope u'll find a job, get yourself attached, get married and have a wonderful life (copy and paste from sister portion..hahaha)
Oh yah, one more thing >>>> STOP spending so much time playing your silly Ragnarok!!! How to find girls like that....

To Tom
I must say it has been a wonderful 3months. And i'm sure we are gonna have a special and wonderful year ahead..and many many years ahead!!! Hahaha
Whatever that you have been harping.......i mean advising me about i.e my princess attitude, taking people and things for granted, spending habits and blab blah blah blah blah blah blab blah blah blah blah blah blab blah blah blah blah blah blab blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blab blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blab blah blah blah blah blah...
Oh yeah, where was I?
Ohhh....what i'm trying to say is----> i'll sure you've seen a VAST IMPROVEMENT in ME..... and i'll continue to change for the better and kick all my bad habits..Likewise, change some of your bad habits too...poke poke poke

And lastly, to the loving couple i met on my flight today
I wish this year will be better for you and i hope you will get well after your medical treatment. Be a fighter against cancer!! Because i'm sure that's what your husband and your loved one wish for

Swedish word: kämpe
English word: Fighter

Cause if it wasn't for all that you tried to do
I wouldn't know just how capable I am to pull through
So I wanna say thank you '
Cause it makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
It makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter
Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Makes me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter

No comments: