description

"A little girl from Singapore, A big boy from Sweden, together they meet, and together they fall in love with each other "

Tracy Chapman - Change

Thursday, January 17, 2008

An assignment?

Just before my Paris trip, moi received a call from the office that they have an assignment for me.

The lady (X) had initially called my parent's house looking for me. Obviously i don't lived there anymore.
In the mist of moving house, i had forgot (deliberately?) to update my new house telephone number in the company's database.

So X left a message with my sista to get me to call them straight away. My first thought immediately was something happened on one of my flight and the company is interviewing everyone on the flight. Imagine my surprise when X mentioned that Moi, Yesh MOI!!! had been selected to represent my company in an award ceremony held in New York. @_@

ME?


X further explained that it's gonna be a 3days thingy and the company will pax moi up to Newark for the ceremony.

Sounds super glamorous right?

So why in the world did i decline the assignment? -_-

Well, i guess partially, a huge part of me thinks it's too big a shoe to fill. The company is suppose to send like this 6feet tall, flawless complexion, beautiful and charming Flight Attendant (think of our TV adverts) to charm her way through thongs of television reporters.
I'M DEFINITELY NOT THAT!!!

Also, i have to leave immediately for Newark when i come back from my Paris flight which im not really incline to do because that means my 2days off will be forgo. (eventhough X says they will adjust my roster accordingly)

So here i am now, thinking that moi should be flying back from Newark. Sighz.
WHY WHY WHY?!?!?!
My family and Tom said i should have taken up the assignment.

Signz.............Perhaps next time?

Yesh, i still have my Athens trip and more recently, Paris trip to blog about.
Was gonna blog about my Athens trip yesterday. In fact, i had uploaded all the photos only to delete them by mistake. When i tried to go back to the draft, Blogger had already did the draft autosaved i.e all my uploaded photos are GONE!!!

Super angry......So when i'm in a better mood.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

People who turn down opportunities rarely get offered more, rather they tend to get a mark saying "not interested in advancing" which kills your career ;)

If your company offers a nice opportunity, that doesn't take much of you, GO FOR IT. If nothing else, gonna help your next job tremendously putting such achievements on your CV ;)

But oh well ;)

*black mark in the book*! ;)

Anonymous said...

yah..u shod take up the offer leh,dear~~
Anyway,not bad lah~~~ur capt make announcement...

My CAPT???He make a all call..WHEN WE WERE SLEEPING in the BUNKS...made us heard BIG BEN countdown~~~ (*-*)~clare