description

"A little girl from Singapore, A big boy from Sweden, together they meet, and together they fall in love with each other "

Tracy Chapman - Change

Monday, April 23, 2007

Im daddy's lil girl~

Phew~

It's a huge load off my shoulder...Finally told my Dad that Tom & I are getting married. Yeah, i know..it's been almost 3 weeks since Tom proposed and i said "Yes"

I had told my family, my friends about it...The only person who doesnt know is my DAD

"So, when are you going to tell your dad?" my friends and Tom had asked countless times..
When the time is right was my usual response..

The time came while my Daddy was helping moi with my cargo bag at our house's lift landing. Moi finally mastered the strength to tell him about my engagement.

Moi: Daddy~
(yesh i noe!! which 28years old still call their dad "DADDY". If you are 6 years old, it's a norm to call "Daddy". As you grow older, "Daddy" is replace by Dad, Father, Ah Pa, or mabbe just Pa, or Oei! lao eh!!

But i still called my Dad "DADDY!!" because i'm forever Daddy's lil girl!!
真不要脸。。哈哈

alright, so back to telling my Dad

Moi: Daddy, Me and Tom are getting married.
long pause.....(Daddy still pullling my super heavy cargo bag)
Daddy: You sure he's the one? Marriage is for life, you know.
Moi: Yes, Daddy. Are you alright with me and Tom getting married?
Daddy: Well, if you think he's the one.. It's not up to us to agree or disagree. You have to be happy with your choice. Just don't regret if you make the wrong choice.

And with that, i think i just got my Dad's blessing!!

Later on when i told Tom about it, He was quite surprise by my dad's response. I guess Tom probably expected a bigger reaction from him. Like my dad chasing him with a cleaver just cos a white guy is stealing his sweet daughter away from him.. HAHA

"So did you turn around and gave your dad a big hug after he said all that?" Tom asked.
Actually, i didnt.
And i guess Tom was right. If i could turn back the clock, Yesh! I should have given him a hug and said thank you for believing in me.
but the moment was lost forever .

On the other hand, knowing my dad, he'll prob just shy away from my hug and pretend to act like he doesnt care. You know how the older generation are. In fact, i never seem my dad and mom holding hands together. Never ever.

And public affection probably doesnt even exist in his dictionary. He's most likely freaked out if i had hugged him there and then.

But Thank you Daddy! for giving in.. for believing in me and my choice.
I'll always be your lil girl~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hip hip hurray!!Ur daddy gave his blessings!!!cheers,
clarissa (^-^)