description

"A little girl from Singapore, A big boy from Sweden, together they meet, and together they fall in love with each other "

Tracy Chapman - Change

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Semla

Hey Peeps!! It's been awhile since I updated my blog (almost a year to be exact). Couple of changes in the past year, i.e one year older obviously, change my hairstyle, and most importantly, I'm officially unemployed since Jan this year.

Yupz, I have finally clipped my wings after seven years (as what my batch girl commented on my FB). It wasn't an easy decision for me. I heart my job totally!! The pay was decent enough, I get to visit all these nice and exotic places for free i.e airfare and accomodation provided for. All the shopping, the food, the days off back in Singapore. Oh man, I can just go on and on and on about the pros of it. I remembered distinctively when I just started my flying career, one of my colleague was saying "Where can you find a job that allows you to have breakfast in Frankfurt and lunch at NYC and dinner at say, London? or go shopping in Paris, London, Milan once or twice every month?" Lotsa people say we are just high class waitress in the air but i beg to differ. When the plane is force to do an emergency landing , we are the one who can save your life. Remember that.

The cons? Being away so often. When you are not around on most weekends, family gathering, anniversaries, birthdays, good friends weddings, friend's baby christening. So many times, I had to decline the invitations, the disappointment. And it's taking a toll on my family and especially on Tom. My health is deteriorating as well, with the odd working hours, adjusting to different time zones and climate, the jet lag etc etc.

My priority has changed. Sure, I miss flying ALOT. But family is much more important now. We are now trying to start a family and hopefully, we have wonderful news to share soon. :) Psst.. and Tom says I'm so much more relax and carefree now!!

Alrighty, enough of my ramblings. Anyway, Tom has been bugging me to update my blog instead of spending so much time on my Facebook games (btw, if you are playing Restaurant City, Cafe world... ADD ME PLSSSS!!! I send stuff everyday!!!) So I decided to look through my pictures folder and find something to blog about.. and get him off my back!! KIDDING!!

We were down at IKEA the other day and Tom bought this special Semla bun for moi to try. The last time he ate one was 12years ago before he came to Singapore.
Moi: "So how does it taste like?"
Tom: "Well, pretty much taste like the semla in Sweden 12years ago."
Some things just don't change.

That's me with the Semla! It's just a cute little bun actually. It's cardamom-spiced wheat bun which has its top cut off and insides scooped out. It is then filled with a mix of the scooped-out bread crumbs, milk and almond paste, topped with whipped cream. The cut off top is then put back on as a lid and dust with powdered sugar.

Simply sinful and delicious Photobucket

I'm a huge fan almonds and I have to say it's a great dessert!! It's only available in shops and bakeries shortly after Christmas until Easter. No wonder i never try it as we only go back to Sweden during summer time.

Tom chomping away as you can see...


Photobucket


IKEA Food facts on Semla

Photobucket


Semlas are probably still available in IKEA so if you happen to pass by, do a small detour and try one yourself. :)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the Jasmine we've all come to love and adore... beautiful... but greedy for food!!! Look at her full plate! And a big Semla about to be devoured! ;)

How does she stay so thiiiin? ;)

/Anonymous

Anonymous said...

Jas!You're back FINALLY!! :)

Foxy-Roxy

Jasmine said...

HI Foxy-Roxy!! Yesh!! I'm back!! just to get Tom off my back.. Haha *wink wink*
Thanks for visiting my lil blog :)

Lucy said...

JEEEY, blog up again!!! Så fun to read :D And that semla looks reaaaalllyyy nice too :D

HUGGGSS