description

"A little girl from Singapore, A big boy from Sweden, together they meet, and together they fall in love with each other "

Tracy Chapman - Change

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Moi in Japan

The almost 2hours bus ride from Narita Airport to Shinjuku is totally worth it!

Somewhere in the middle of Shinjuku..Holding hands :) Lunch was Tonkatsu: Deep-fried breaded pork cutlet served with shredded cabbage. Happily grinding the sasame seeds.It was really fun..My friends and moi had a competition to see who can grind it the fastest.
Of course i lost.

The tonkatsu sauce (which is kinda sweet n sour) is added to make it into a dip. Honestly, i prefer eating the tonkatsu minus the sauce.
The Pork cutlet was so tender and chrispy!! Yummy~
It was so so good~ You know what's so funny? I realise that you can never go wrong with food in Japan. Everything just taste so fantastic here!! You can just walk into any restaurants in Japan and order something, and you will never be disappointed with the food. (Hmm...am i being too biased here?)

I don't care! I just LOVE JAPANESE FOOD!!! Even the shredded cabbage tasted fabulous~
After lunch, we headed over to the electronic area in the shopping mall. One of my friend was thinking of getting a digital camera. We approached one of the sales lady and that's when we realise we have a small lil problem. We don't speak Japanese (at all!) and the sales person couldnt really understand English. There we were trying to communicate with her in English whether the camera has a worldwide warranty and stuff and she was like replying in Japanese!

*faint*

Moi turned to my friend and said in chinese "I seriously don't understand what's she talking about."

Suddenly, this sales lady looked at us and replied in CHINESE "I can speak chinese!"
Turns out she's from China and came over to Japan to work. Super funny!
After that, we were all like good pals and communicating in chinese.

Came across this cute lil Digital audio player in the shape of Mickey Mouse's head!!
Awwwwww~
Moi is seriously thinking of getting a Polaroid camera!!! Is it just me or does the photos taken using a polaroid camera somehow makes people look prettier??
Moi was so so so close (><) to getting one but Tom thinks it's a total waste of money :(

which is kinda true in a way, cos YEN$$ is super high now!!
Oh well, I'll get it when YEN$$ comes down..HEHEHE :)

Dinner was Kani kosen Bento (crab and ikura). It's another one of my favourite dish!
I did feel a lil tiny bit bad for eating all those Ikura i.e salmon roe... I mean all those baby salmon eggies.. eaten by MOI!!!! MONSTER!!!
Sorry for the lack of photos this time. I think I'm getting too lazy to take photos.
hope this lazy phase will pass soon
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always like to read your bloggie Jas!*jia you*

Lots of Love,
Foxy-Roxy :)

Jasmine said...

Thanks Foxy-Roxy! lemme know when u have your own blog kaay!! then i can read about ur life as well :)