description

"A little girl from Singapore, A big boy from Sweden, together they meet, and together they fall in love with each other "

Tracy Chapman - Change

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

curls curls curls

Moi have been dying to curl my long hair.

I didn't wanna do a permanent perm (in case i super hate it) so Moi finally decided to buy a Hair Curler!

I chose this Philips model cos the temperature is adjustable (100-180degrees)and the 32mm barrel is just perfect for those big wavy curls. Ermm, cant rem how much i paid for it..probably around S$50?
I brought the hair curler along for my 8days trip hoping to use it when im overseas.
While shopping around Japan, i bought this Lucido-l hair curl lotion which supposedly helps to make the curl last longer.


Problem is: The wordings are all in Japanese!! Moi had to ask my Japanese colleagues to help do a translation. It looks like a lot of words but my colleagues just say "Ohh, you just spray it to your hair. Wait at least 10-15mins before curling it."

Ermmm..OKAY?!?
TATA! Me with my curls!!
Pardon the messiness (It's my first try!)
It's not as easy as how i imagine. First of all, moi kept burning my fingers on the the hot barrel
-_-"
At 150 degrees. it's seriously no joke! Then, the hard part was curling the hair at the back. (i got no eyes behind me) Lastly, MY ACHING ARMS!!!.. holding my arms up for almost half an hour was so so tiring..bleah~

I guess im pretty happy with my curls :)
And im happy with my Philips hair curler. Read in the forums about how some hair curler takes donkey years to heat up, some with uneven heat or not hot enough. I would say mine is good enough. It can get really hot i.e 180 degrees and heat up in just one minute.

Plus Plus...the curls lasted the whole day!! Only start to turn a lil limpy at night.
This is how it looks from the back
moi also came across this video from lucido-l webbie showing videos on how to curl your hair
http://www.lucido-l.jp/library/roll_style03_movie.html
Moi watch it and seriously... It look simple but IT"S NOT!!

Im gonna practice n practice from watching all those videos and hopefully, my curls will be as nice and chic as those pretty japanese girls. GANBATTE!!!

happy curling ;)
.

1 comment:

Flawed Tendencies said...

oh if it helps.

the slower the curls get done the better

if its fast it usually means its because of the high heat it exposes ur hair to..

just my two cents worth