description

"A little girl from Singapore, A big boy from Sweden, together they meet, and together they fall in love with each other "

Tracy Chapman - Change

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Hongkong/San Francisco trip!

Sorry for the lack of updates recently... Super duper busy right now. Too many long flights this month (I'm not complaining!) and also in the the final process of getting our place in Punggol.

The good new is: We will be getting the keys to our place on the 18th Dec.

Finally *phew*
FYI, the whole process takes almost 5months. We signed the agreement in early August. It takes like two months to get the first interview. Another two months for the second and final interview.

More blogs on the Punggol place coming soon...

Moving on, My Hong Kong/San Francisco trip! Even though I've been there countless times, It's so amazing there's always new things to do or see .

My colleagues and moi chanced upon this Authentic Vietnamese joint while out shopping.

Their beef noodles are to die for!!
I just love beef noodle!!
Vietnamese style, Thai style, Hokkien style, Teochew style...Whatever
Just gimme gimme MORE~
We also ordered their Vietnamese coffee which comes in a really special cup!
Moi having hot coffee while my colleague ordered the iced coffee
The tin can placed above the cup contains ground coffee beans. Hot water is poured into the tin can which will then slowly seeped into the cup below.End result? Super STRONG COFFEE!!
It's the first time i have tasted Vietnamese coffee and lemme tell you, It's probably the strongest coffee i have ever tasted!

After the wonderful lunch, we headed over to Macy's cos moi needed to get Coach baggies for my friend. It's only end of Oct but the store is already selling Christmas decorations! There's always something interesting happening in San Francisco. The last time moi when here, there's was like a gun shootout between two rival gangs. This time round, moi happened to witness a peaceful demonstration outside GAP store. I don't really know what they are rallying about, nevertheless, it's interesting to watch..A quick detour to my favourite pizza jointPepperoni and cheese!
Moi was so anxious to chomp on it that i took a bite before taking a photo.
(Alrite, it was three bites!! BUT STILL)
Walked by a Juicy Couture shop. I don't really care but xiaxue (YESH!! I do read her blog!!) mentioned in her blog that she wanna go to a JUICY COUTURE shop when she's in the US.

Just wanna say to her, YAAY!!! IM HERE FIRST!!
YESH! I read Xiaxue and Dawn's blog REGULARLY!!
SO?
BACK IN HONG KONG
Giordano shops are so up market here in Hong Kong.
Check out their fitting room~
While waiting for my colleague. The prices are not cheap either. The black pant that my colleague bought cost her almost S$100.We then head to our favourite dessert place. I think moi had the exact same thing on my last trip. Who cares...it just taste so GOOD!!!
The place to be seem...
Yesh! Lan Kwai Fong
It was my first time there and moi was so overwhelmed~
My colleague has a friend in Hong Kong who brought us into the club, Dragon-I.
Partying in Hong Kong is definitely more happening as compare to Singapore!!
and the crowd are so spontantous... Think of pole, bar, even lounge chair dancing!!
The interesting design of their restroom. After partying, we head down for supper or should i say early breakfast at 4am?
Tom was really mad at moi. My phone was on low batt and it died in the midst of everything. I had mentioned to him earlier that i was going out for drinks with my colleagues. Imagine his conern when he tried calling my hand phone only to get diverted to voicemail and calling my hotel room at 3,4,5am only to get no answer .

Sorry Tom...Yesh, i'll be more responsible next time.

The next day, moi head down to Sogo to buy the famous Hang Heung's wife biscuits.
The prices are reasonable and the wife's biscuits are super tasty
(unlike another brand i bought previously..Hmmph)
Me friend, Desmond recommended it to me and when i mentioned it to my colleagues, they were like "ya ya, it's very famous in Hong Kong"
Hmm, then how come i didnt know about it till now?
-_-

Fat Angelo's giving out free money..Don't ask me why i took a photo with THAT!We got a new team ger, Mira.... Since it's her first time to Hong Kong, we decided to bring her to this famous sightseeing place in Hong Kong.
Actually i cant recall what this place is called and i'm too lazy to find out..Hah
No...it's not a ghost in this photo. Mira happen to jump into the scene just when my camera took the shot.Alrite, that's better. The nice skyline of Hong Kong.
Truly magnificent
Video clip of the night view.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This girl goes world wide and usually eats vietnamese beef noddles!

She goes to Melbourne --> vn beef noodle.

USA --> vn beef noodle

Europe --> vn beef noodle.

But still happy to say, she's never had vn beef noodles in VIETNAM!! Yum, I have! Delicious;)

However... xiaxue and dawn and all those blogs suck!! Scary blogs like they have actually draw a crowd, and even more scary they get to make TV shows! Sigh, talk about low quality! Scraping the bottom of the barrel!

;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Moi,

Tom is funny!I am sure he likes to tease you alots!!hehe...

Anonymous said...

tom : u better start learning to cook beef noodles~~~hahaha~~~

so next time wen she goes home to punggol home,she can beef noodles oso~~haha..

~clare

Anonymous said...

Thanks Foxy-Roxy!

I do however suffer incessantly whenever I do so, have the bruises to show for it! Sigh, violent gal she is!

Clare:

Anything I cook is better than what she cooks... she even can fail boiling egg! But she did actually once cook me a wonderful meal, after two years of waiting. Guess it'll be another long wait for next time ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Moi where are you now? Tom is becoming part of the "owner" of your bloggie now...hehe =p

Have a pleasant day =)

Jasmine said...

Foxy-roxy:

Im here!! Im here!!
*waves my arms*
Yesh, Tom thinks he's the owner of MY blog.

Do you have a blog too?

Anonymous said...

I don't have any bloggie wor .. but i would like to refer you to another one of my favourite bloggie
http://cathlooi.blogspot.com

I enjoy to read your& Cathlooi's bloggie soOoOo much ah! =D

Write more write more yah!