description

"A little girl from Singapore, A big boy from Sweden, together they meet, and together they fall in love with each other "

Tracy Chapman - Change

Monday, June 25, 2007

Mumbai? Bombay?

Rejoice~ The school holiday is finally over!!!
*phew, a sigh of relief*
i know i shouldnt get too excited...Well, if you had 70children travelling on your recent flight (that's like almost one third of the total passenger load) then you know what i mean by that.


Just came back from a flight to Bombay. I know it's no longer called Bombay
"The name was officially changed to Mumbai in 1995, but the former name is still widely used by the city's inhabitants and a number of its famous institutions."

But still.....

The only thing i look forward to when i do an Indian flight is the nice hotels they put us up in.
I know it looks really nice to have this really huge empty space (it's really huge!!) in the middle of the hotel but it's still such a waste of land....

With the massive hotel size, you would expect the person who design this place to put two lift lobby at either end of the hotel.

Hell No.

There's only a lift lobby catering to the hotel guests.

And guess what? My room happens to be HERE!

Yesh! My assigned room, of all rooms!!!! had to be smack right at the extreme end of the other side of the lift lobby.

Lucky me.

In fact, moi had to walked pass 28rooms before i reached mine's.

The funny thing is: Crew always get the most "desired" location. Our assigned rooms are usually:
1. Located at corners, far away from the life lobby (in my case)
2. Near to fire exits (might be a good thing though, in an event of a emergency)
3. really "NICE" view of the outside surrounding
In fact, the hotel is so near to the airport that moi can see planes landing every couple of minutes.
I guess i shouldnt complain much.
Like come' on: we are staying in 5 stars hotels!!!
I peek out of my window and saw a group of children playing soccer on a wet and muddy field (if you can call that a field).

They look happy.
Unfortunately, i didnt have the time (or maybe i'm kinda scare?) to venture outside the walls of the hotel. Some of the people here live in extreme poverty and it's a common sight to see mother carrying their baby, or small children walking around begging for some money. It makes me really sad when i see them. Maybe i'm just hiding myself from the reality of their everyday lifes.

Lunch was at the hotel restaurant. My colleagues all had the buffet lunch except me. I had a really bad experience (food poisoning) when i had the buffet the last time. Instead, I ordered the murg chicken tikka with garlic naans. The portion is not really huge, just a few pieces of chicken with two garlic naans and it costs moi S$20!!!

It doesnt even taste good. Darn, i should have just give the money to the poor and eat instant noodle (which probably taste so much better and cheaper) -_-

With nothing to do, moi was testing out the lens of my camera.
Im totally impressed! All these photos were taken at the exact same spot in my hotel room.
I think it has 14.6X times digital zoom or something. Really powerful~
Makes me feel like a spy, especially when i started to zoom in on the slums nearby.
i could zoom right in and see women cooking food and stuff. HEHEHE

Sighz, we use to stay in Hyatt 2 years old, before we shift to this new premise. I miss the hotel there. The rooms there are so amazing, even the bathroom has like this area for you to step in, and they had this flowerhead thingy on top of the ceiling, and when you on the tap, the water will fall from above....i dunno how to describe it fully but it's really one of the better hotel i ever come across....

Counting down to the days till my leave starts (6th JUL)...and spending two weeks in Sweden.
But first, doing a 5days amsterdam flight (again) on thurs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yah!!!happy yeah?!?!Leave!My leave starts 10th jul!!!Yippeee~clarissa

Unknown said...

Nice and interesting information and informative too.
Can you please let me know the good attraction places we can visit: Mumbai To Amsterdam Flight