description

"A little girl from Singapore, A big boy from Sweden, together they meet, and together they fall in love with each other "

Tracy Chapman - Change

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

grow old with back pain

I think i'm getting old~

My lower back has been feeling weird lately. Kinda experiencing a numb sensation everything i bend forward.
Moi attribute it to helping passengers carry their super duper heavy baggage into the overhead compartments
-_-

Tom says it's definitely NOT
slipped disk.

Moi went to do a Google search on slipped disk,

SYMPTOMS OF SLIPPED DISK includes
*Numbness, tingling, weakness, or pain in the buttocks, back, legs, or feet
*Numbness and tingling around the anus or genitals
*Pain down the back of each leg from the buttocks to the knee
*Pain with movement, straining, coughing, or doing leg raises
*Difficulty controlling bowel movements or bladder function


Ermmm, i have 2 out of 5. So what does that mean?

Yesterday, our Dear Tom bought this Salonpas patch from Guardian Pharmacy.
(cos i keep complaining to him about my back problem)
This patchy thingy is so my parents time. I used to laugh at them when i was small cos it's so ugly. And it has this weird medicated oil smell.
Look who's having the last laugh now.

A box cost S$1.75 at leading pharmacy.
Well, at least it's white in colour instead of those beige brown plaster colour.
Dear Tom was kind enough to help paste it on my lower back.It takes about 5minutes before you start to experience a slight cool tingling menthol effect on your skin. There's a warning that says
"DO NOT USE PATCH FOR MORE THAN 8HOURS".

I wonder why.

I DID use it for more than 8hours. I mean you tend to use it before you go to bed right? And it will be so silly to set your alarm for 8hours, wake up, peel off the patch and go back back to sleep again.

I kinda like the slight cool tingling menthol effect. Cos it keeps my mind of the back pain! HAHA
I did sleep better too.

No comments: