description

"A little girl from Singapore, A big boy from Sweden, together they meet, and together they fall in love with each other "

Tracy Chapman - Change

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Meet the family

I'm getting really flustered with my blog skin. -_-"

Moi and "IT" is playing a game. Moi will be clicking the REFRESH REFRESH icon, and "IT" depending on the mood will either load my blog skin fully or NOT!!
#&!%#!$?#

My blog is suppose to have a pink and black background!!
NOT SOME STOOPID WHITE BACKGROUND

UGHHHHH
*click refresh refresh and refresh*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moi flying up to Copenhagen, Denmark tomorrow. Since I have almost 3 clear days there, I will be making a trip down to Malmo, Sweden (which is abt 20mins train ride) and staying over with Tom's family for a couple of days.

Feeling jittery right now though i hate to admit that to Tom. It's the second time moi is meeting the his family and TOM is not coming with me to give me support!

ARGHHHHHHH

I know i shouldn't be feeling this way. I mean, come on...
this is my future in-laws i'm talking about. And they were all super nice and so hospitable when i was there for Christmas two years back. In fact, when they heard about our engagement, his parents called and send their congrats. A few days later, we received a congratulation card from the whole family.

SO WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?

I guess mainly because Tom will not be there with me. It feel kinda weird and i don't wanna impose on them (eventhough Tom had assure me countless times that his family will love to have me over and Lucy, Tom's sista, promise to show me around Malmo)

I have no idea how to address his parents either. In Asia, it's accustom to address them as Uncle or Auntie. Apparently not in Sweden.

Moi: Can i called them Uncle or Auntie?
Tom: No...
Moi: How about Mr and Mrs XXXXXX?
Tom: Cannot lah
Moi: Then how should i address them? (confused)
Tom: You don't have to
Moi: .....
(talking with Tom always leave me more confused than ever)

Moi also requested him to write down the directions from my Copenhagen hotel to Malmo, Sweden (You know, just in case). And Dear Tom was like "There's no need to write down. You just go down to the train station, buy a ticket from the counter and alight at the first stop after the bridge"

That's IT?

But you know how women, or should i say ME?, is with maps and direction. What if i miss my stop and travel all the way up to Stockholm? Nooooooooo...
Maybe i should ask him to write on a piece of paper, in swedish
"PLEASE HELP THIS WOMAN HERE TO GET FROM COPENHAGEN TO MALMO SAFELY... AND IN ONE PIECE"
Heh heh, so not funny~

Sighz, all these worrying~
perhaps i should just relax, go over and enjoy myself "Come what may"
or take the easy way out? (just kidding, TOM!!!)

Wait for my Sweden photos!! I will be back on the 13th...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wah...so exciting!!~clarissa