description

"A little girl from Singapore, A big boy from Sweden, together they meet, and together they fall in love with each other "

Tracy Chapman - Change

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My Hong Kong San francisco trip

Yesh! I literally blew my whole flying allowance on this flight!
In fact, i think i even 到贴 contributed extra from my personal saving -_-

My stay in San Francisco was purely shopping SHOPPING SHOPPING!!
(it helps that the US$ to S$ rate is like just 1.52 or something)
Really low = use less Sin$$ to buy the same amount of stuff!!
*ka ching ka ching*

Bath&Bodyworks, Old Navy, Victoria's Secret, Abercrombie&Fitch, Coach, OPI, Forever21
moi totally went bonkers shopping at all these places...

I love clothes from Forever21! Maybe thats why moi blew US$200++ in there. They are value for $$ and totally trendy. The range of clothes found there are slightly different from those in Singapore. It's also much much cheaper as compared to Singapore. I did a price comparison on two identical dress. The same dress cost US$19.90 (S$30) excluding sale tax in US and S$58 here in Singapore. (Must be the freight charges, man!!)

Next stop:
Abercrombie & Fitch
A&F recruit these hot bods to stand half nekkid outside the shop just to entice shoppers to go in.
*swooned*
I mean, seriously..is this like the Best job in the world?
When people see Victoria's Secret, they always think =sexy, come hither, provocative, seductive, sensual...It's sorta true..
But they do have another collection call "PINK" which I absolutely love...
This is more the: fun, cute and young collection. I believe PINK is catered more for the growing teens.. the "Not a girl, Not yet a woman" kinda individuals.

And the shop is decorated in pink color....Nice~

Speaking of pink colour, i need to show you guys this A&F cutie pinky flip flop that cost moi US$20! AND it says "MADE IN CHINA" at the bottom..
Yesh, i know... a similar XXXX brand flip flop probably cost just S$5.

BUT STILL!!! It's so so PINK...and i could use it for my Tioman trip next week
(excuses)

Moi also help my guy friend to buy a Coach baggie. Suppose to be a gift for her birthday.
Yesh! Coach is so much cheaper in United States.
I told the sales personal it's meant as a gift and she was super nice to wrap it up and present it in a nice gift box with a ribbon...

Awwww
Now for the HONG HONG leg. If San Francisco stay was spent on shopping, Hong Kong stay was spent on Eating and Eating and EATING.

First stop,
People told moi there used to be one in Singapore but closed down due to poor business.
This dessert shop in Hong Kong never fail to draw in the crowd. It's always fully packed.

Their speciality: MANGOES!!
(they do have other dessert as well)

Another of my favourite: Roast meats!! Their char siew is super nice and juicy Hong Kong Dim Sum house~
Another dessert place..but this time, hot dessert!Another one of my favourite dish is the Wanton noodle. It might look bland and not so interesting. But lemme tell you, its prob the best wanton noodle i ever taste in my whole life. The wantons are filled with shrimps and the noodle is ohh, so springy, or so "Q"
The Singapore wanton noodle, with all the chilli, the gravy, the char siew and the pitiful lil wantons just doesnt have the same "Ommph" taste.
This is the first time i tasted the Stinky tofu in Hong Kong. It's more crispy than the Taiwan version and more smelly -_-ARGHHHH!!! Krispy Kreme in HONG KONG!!! I think Krispy Kreme hate Singapore..
When will they ever open a shop here in Singapore? Sighz..
Bought a dozen of the original glazed... HK$88/dozen (S$17)

With all the eating, it's no wonder i gained 2 kgs in my entire trip.
Of cos, there's shopping and sightseeing in Hong Kong as well... One thing i really really hate about Hong Kong: the aircon water that will just fall from above. It's really irritating!!! Imagine, you are happily walking along the street and suddenly, droplets of water from the aircon above will just hit you in your face..

Totally gross
Moi was walking around and saw a life size figurine of Spidey in a sport shoe shop!!!
(ermm, Spidey..since when have u start endorsing for sport shoes?)
I LOVE YOU, SPIDEY!!!!!
Went up to Victoria peak. My First time!
Took a cab up... Interestingly, the driver allow the 5 of us to squeeze into one cab.
legal or illegal? Not that we mind...
Went out late, so we kinda miss the sunset
You gotto admit that my colleague is kinda cute *winkz*Went to the famous nv ren jie 女人街 located at MongkokRandom photos of moi and my colleagues

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wah...u really shop till you drop leh!?!?Abit scary...Wish I could mit you in hkg but my trip was taken away lor.(I didnt change it,we can't change flts)soo sad...boohooo...
BTW,victoria secret on semi-annual sale..sme of e tops r nice and u can't get them in the shops..order from tis gal,shipping is cheaper to sin.
http://www.sgvictoria.blogspot.com/

cheers,clare