description

"A little girl from Singapore, A big boy from Sweden, together they meet, and together they fall in love with each other "

Tracy Chapman - Change

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Oh what a day!

I HATE to be put on Standby...GRRRRRRR

You have absolutely no idea when you will be activated for flight.
My record so far ===> making it from Holland V to Changi airport in a record time of 1 hour flat (include painting my nails, packing my bag, putting my make up in the taxi)
So here i am, checking the system every hour. And it doesnt help that i'm living so near to the airport. The chances of me not being called up from standby is probably in the rank of striking Toto. 1: 1,000,000??

0000

I was really tired..
I called the system. No messages... Heehee, maybe...just maybe i wouldnt be called up for flight. I took my shower,brushed my teeth...

0030
was abt to hit the sack..hmm, prob should call again..
yes, u guess it, lo and behold, i was activated for a turnaround flight~
so much for miracles do come true..

The first time to do is to call the transport co-ordinator to arrange thepickup time. The phone is engaged (as usual). Alrite, packed my bag first and printed out the crew list...
It doent help that i'm the most junior crew in the list.

0100
called again..still engaged...Darn~
Hmm, called and talk to Tom first....

in the end, i managed to get to the transport coordinator at 1.30am.

Lady" okie, Bedok arh, your pickup time is 6.25am"

finally went to sleep.. at 0300

0500

Cuckoo Coo Coooooo
morning came
drag myself out of bed, prepared and left my house at 0620
waited till 0630..hmm, the cab is not here yet...nevermind give them 5mins more
at 0635, im starting to panic. This is so not good. Decided to called the taxi coo-ordinator and explain the situation
"aiyah", the taxi coo-ordinator exclaimed "there have been some changes to your pickup time. we forgot to inform you"

"WHAT!!!!!" my heart missed a beat
taxi coordinator "Could you come by yourself?"
"you gotto be kidding me, its 0640, i need to report at 0655 and you are telling me there's some confusion in my transport...omg~~ "

Plan A - "Book a cab"

Question 1 : Could someone explained to me ==>why is it that everytime when you need to book a cab, there's always no cab available"

Plan B - there's no Plan B!!!!!

Alrite, Breath deep...Breath in, Breath out...Phew~ getting myself all panicky doenst solve anything at all.
I shall walk out to the main road and try flagging a cab
I cant believe this is happening!!

At the main road, a guy in his early 30s was waiting for a cab as well....

Question 2==>why is it that everytime when you need a cab desperately, there's always no cab in sight?"

After 5mins of waiting ..miraclously, a vacant cab appeared
"Good, the next one will be for me" i was thinking
Suddenly, the man said to me " you go ahead first, i know you are late. i'll wait for the next one"
Harps playing and Angels sings, and and and ...i cant believe it!!!!!!!

To the kind Samaritan i met this morning...Thank you, Thank you so much... No amount of words could express my appreciation.
i used to think that Singaporeans are a selfish lot but you make me change my view!



Thank you!
TACK!

No comments: