description

"A little girl from Singapore, A big boy from Sweden, together they meet, and together they fall in love with each other "

Tracy Chapman - Change

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy moo moo cow year :)

恭喜发财(gong xi fa cai) everyone!!!!!!
which roughly means "Congratulations and be prosperous"

Our humble homw with all the CNY decorations!!!!
Decorated by who else? MOI of cos!!
Moi was pretty fortunate to be able to spend my Chinese New year with Tom and my family.

On the eve of Chinese, Moi n Tom head down to my parents place for the all important reunion dinner. This meal is comparable to Christmas dinner in the West which is a really big time for the Chinese.

Our family reunion dinner is a simple affair, usually consist of steamboat.
My dad offered Tom a big can of Carlsberg beer.
Hey Tom, both of u could be beer buddies :) Moi with my Dad...There's some other pictures but it's still with my sista.
SISTA! send those pictures to me please!!!

Stayed home on the first day of CNY. Tom did a faux pax.
He swept our floor on the first day of CNY!!!!

*faint*

It is considered unauspicious to sweep the floor on the first day as it means sweeping away the good fortune and luck for the New Year. Having said that, we were suppose to springclean and sweep away the bad luck of the preceding year and makes our homes ready for good luck WHICH WE OBVIOUSLY DIDNT AS WELL. So moi guess it doesnt really matter huh.

and TOM was the one who did it! im the innocent one!! hurhur :P

Moi is kinda excited about this CNY cos i have to start giving out red packets (MARRIED liao mah) i.e. ang paos to the elderly and unmarried juniors. HAHAHAHA
In fact, i even quene up at OCBC bank for half an hour just to get my hands on the new bank notes :)

It was really sweet of Tom's Mom & Dad who called and wished us a Happy Ox year!! Moi still waiting for the card to arrive..HeeHee. It was wonderful to hear everyone's fine in Sweden. Hope you both will enjoy the trip up to Poland, as well as Tina Turner's concert up in Hamburg!!! Remember to say hi to her on my behalf :))))

Mom, my brother and my sista came over and stayed for the night.
Playing mahjong.
Bro was the big winner that night. Followed by moi.

新年快乐!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jasmine!
I wish you and your family (and Tommy ofcourse :P) a Happy Chinese New Year. It was really interesting to read about this, for us, exotic tradition! And regarding the sweeping, I would personally consider any cleaning done by Tommy as lucky regardless of the day :)

//Kimmy

Anonymous said...

Well hello! Hmph!

I did not sweep, I used the magic clean... it was magic!! Not sweeping, makes all the difference!

And for the record, I clean a lot more than dear lil Jasmine!

And thirdly... first year of marriage generally not supposed to give out ang bao!! supposed to keep the good luck first year, not give it all away!

So if 2009 is bad, blame Jasmine for giving away all our good luck!!

Tom tom, indignant!