description

"A little girl from Singapore, A big boy from Sweden, together they meet, and together they fall in love with each other "

Tracy Chapman - Change

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Rumor~ Gossip~ The wedding clashers

Moi was happily chomping on the fried bee hoon that my mom bought from the market when she suddenly asked me "Girl, Are you getting married soon?"

I practically choked on my fishcake
*Gulped down a cup of water*

"Mom, are you chasing me out of the house" i enquired
*suddenly, my fried bee hoon doesnt look so appealing anymore*

"No lah, i bumped into Auntie XXX(my ex-colleague's mom) on the way to the market and she MENTIONED that you are getting married soon"

my bewildered look======> (@_@) "

Apparently, this is the conversation she had with Auntie XXX
Auntie XXX: Hey, i heard your daughter is getting married soon
Mom (surprised look) : No, she never mentioned anything
Auntie XXX : Aiyohhhhhh, you don't know arh? The whole world knows about it!! She even put it on the website!!

First and foremost : MOM!!! if i'm getting married, YOU will be the first one to know!!
secondly ====> moi announced it in the website that i'm getting married soon??!!!!
HELLO??? pray tell me Where? When? How?
The only time that i recounted mentioning something about getting married soon was like in one of my blog entry...AND THAT was made in jest (as in a joke) like HAHAHAHA

I mean Tom and myself did talk about marriage and stuff as we feel really comfortable with each other and enjoy each other's company. And we are really very sure this is what we want for the rest of our life.
and yesh, we did went down to HDB to enquire about some information on purchasing a walk-in-selection flat...BUT we didn't as yet formalize any plans for a wedding yet
No wedding date is set
No wedding invites
No engagement rings
No HDB flat
nothing is in the pipleline as of today 18th Jun 2006

I mentioned to Tom about this and he was like "Hahaha, funny people"

So pple, if i gave the impression that im getting married really really soon, i apologise to all
And yesh, only when Tom and myself are ready to tie the knot, i'll send you the wedding invites that all of you have been waiting impatiently for..

you know what? im kinda afraid to post this entry cos im scared you guys might get
the wrong idea... again..instead of "Ohhh, you and Tom are getting married really soon..."
The thought will now be "Ohhh, you and Tom are not getting married anymore"
The human brain works in a weird manner sometimes! :P

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

haha..good..the air has cleared.no wedding bells from u n Tom for now...at least I think the rest will stop asking when u getting married liao.